Monday, November 17, 2008

Chronicles of Spellborn - An overall sad comment...

From the TCoS forums from yesterday...this post appeared...

I'm the Historian and I approved this post.
David "Historian" DeWald
Community Manager for Acclaim Games


"As has been pointed out we are in fact the Publisher for North America and other countries. We are not the developer. This means that we work together (Acclaim and Devs) to bring the best experiance we can to you. Sometimes this means that plans change so that we can better serve the community and players. We will have more information on this soon. Till then enjoy all the great information to be found here on the TCOS website."

As has been noted before with the great and powerful oratory skills of ...Scooby-Doo!

Ruh-Roh@

4 comments:

Bildo said...

That sounds like a... "Yeah, this holiday season is way too crowded. Let's wait until early 2009 before releasing this, and take some time to you know... actually promote the thing."

Tipa said...

So they Do have a Community Manager!

Okay, time to pretend WK is a real blog and see if I can get some comment from them.

Saylah @ Mystic Worlds said...

I wanted to play TCOS but a lack of news soured me on it and so I moved on to AOC and now WAR. I won't be buying anymore games in 2009.

That said, even if I was inclined to buy another game, I wouldn't be until I was sure that the publisher was going to provide a quality experience and customer service. I'm not getting that feeling with Acclaim and their handling of the community for TCOS. For me, it becomes another reason not to buy.

Time may of turn things around. However, until that time, this game is dead to me. :-)

Anonymous said...

I read that comment before on the TCOS forums. There are a few bits and pieces which seem to indicate that Acclaim is not exactly spending a lot of effort on this game - at least not at the moment.

Which is either sad or funny, since I remember one of the things Spellborn people said before they announced Acclaim as the puhslisher was that their NA publisher had asked for 6 months to prepare for the launch. Which was one of the stated reasons for delaying the release until late 2008.