Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tabula Rasa - So, how is it going?

I have been having a blast actually.

I am level 13 and halfway to 14 now. I play about 2-3 hours a day and so far enjoy the various missions and the crafting, which has become an addiction.
Sitting and picking modules to remove from one set of armor to place in another set has been awesome fun.
Upgrading weapons is also a treat.

Another thought occurs to me though, that in knowing the game will close gives me that impression the story will "end". This has been one pet peeve for MMO's for me, and maybe this makes it feel like I have a goal. I am progressing to end game, but not to raid or have PvP battles, etc.

Just to reach...the end.

The Deployment 15 patch has reached the PTS, and this includes both FPS mode and Earth as a playfield. I tested the FPS mode, and it is spot on, and works well. I did not know if there was a way to get to max to see Earth, but then I decided not to do this. Lets leave it a surprise.

Maybe this has been what is missing, as most MMO's have so much information on the game and how to complete quests, or do this or that task on a wiki or website...that the mystery is gone.
I think my break really helped me focus down to what is "fun" in an MMO, and hopefully I can ride this out when I go back to any other Fantasy MMO.

Too bad this game will be gone, but maybe it is for the best.
Hopefully, NCSoft's Aion is a hit, or else, we may see the beginning of the end now for this company!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear that you enjoy the game. Sounds like you are in Concordia Divide right now.
I think you will find the following zones and instances even more enjoyable, they really do have some nice areas.

I can absolutely recommend going through the instances also.

Elementalistly said...

I already completed Caves of Donn, and Praevius is next I think..
And yes, the instances are some excellently laid out mini stories. As well, the difficulty is high enough for a solo character that it does not make it a cakewalk, and may call for some trial and error.
Overall ..TR would have been a good single player game.
Ah well, no need to fret about it.

Cheers