Monday, March 9, 2009

Break time

Well, I guess it is time to say goodbye for a while.

I just have not "felt it" lately. I will leave the site up for now, and may come back and post. For the time being, I just feel lethargic.
Thanks to the economy, and having to redirect some of my resources for a while, this puts a damper on my time as well as the "meh" I feel.
I think peoples feelings about the games I play also may have to do with the "quiet" I see on this blog, thus I feel no need to put too much effort into writing those posts anymore.
I think I may throw up a slideshow later that will have some of my screenies and their captions for Age of Conan, so that should cover my discussion of such a good game.

It definitely deserves more attention in my opinion..

When I look at my traffic, I see the most interest generated was by my posts about Darkfall, and I am assured...not in a good way. And this really is the crux.
With the future of MMO's being a bland prospect (and this is what started me on blogging), I guess I do not feel like discussing such upcoming crap.
Resident Evil 5 hits this week, and that will take up some time, and I do not think I need to discuss that here either.

So, time to let this sit.

I guess this will always be the Dichotomy of the Gamer.

7 comments:

James said...

Yours has pretty much been the site I come to for my AoC at a distance fix. Hope things turn around for you, I know that 'meh' feeling all too well.

Talyn said...

Like I've said here and on other blogs, just write about what you want when you want.

Way before I had my current blog, I had a tech site with way more traffic than I get now and I felt pressured to write every day, as if I "owed" the readers something. You'll notice I don't do that with the gaming blog, it just leads to bitterness and burnout.

Even if I don't comment, I check your RSS feed and often click some of the posts to see if there is a conversation or not. Chances are you have plenty of daily lurkers like myself who enjoy reading even if we end up not participating in every single thread.

Tesh said...

[delurk]
Here's hoping things go well for you, mate! I'll probably link to your "Age of No Concern" article here in a bit. :)
Don't sweat the blog. Live life. Good luck with it!
[/delurk]

Gamer Hudson said...

There isn't much to write about right now to be honest, and especially not Darkfall. Can't say I don't blame you.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog regularly and enjoy the posts. But you should only write if you feel the "urge" to do that.

Personally I feel much more positive about MMOs for 2009 than I did for 2008, although I do not think there will be any titles that will aspire to become the new #2 in the market.

Red Headed Tim said...

I agree that you should only post if you feel like it, but blogger is free, so please keep the site up. Myself, I've been a lurker in that I've been reading you via rss and checking on weekends to see screenies. Looking forward to any you have left to post. And FWIW, I care about Conan posts, haven't looked at any Darkfall links (though I read the posts). Personal stuff and/or personal insight on life in general are always welcome. Your blog helped get me into Conan once I saw that I could level without doing the Destiny quests and exit the island on my own.

Whatever life leads you to, I hope it finds you well friend.

Crimson Starfire said...

I often take breaks from blogging, I just don't tell anyone... he he ;)

Just post when you feel like it, even if it means going silent for a few weeks. I find it works best...
although, I must admit it helps to have a second author on the site...

Enjoy the break.