Friday, August 14, 2009

Generalizations (Or, whats up in General!)


Ok, so, as we know, I have pulled my Xfire client. I also have tried Raptr with utter failure. Thus, my time I play is not really tracked anymore.

Guess it doesn't really matter...does it?

I thought at one time maybe it might be important to show just how much fun I am having in my game of choice (Age of Conan...duh!!), but, I guess the cat is out of the bag. I am so into you AoC, I could squeal.

But, for posterity's sake I will state...I play Age of Conan about 1.5 hours in the mornings. About 1 hour in the afternoons and about 1.5 hours in the evenings. (4 hours a day?)
Mondays will be about 3 hours in the evenings now thanks to the new Casual Guild! (7-10pm on the money!)
Weekends can vary. We have 3-4 hour sessions a day, and maybe twice a day...Fridays can get up to 4-5 hours. One Sunday we played 6 hours straight with snack breaks (and smoke breaks for the wife...I quit about 2 years ago now..)

So, do I need to be in the Second Skin movie part 2?

I digress!!

________________


Next Monday, the Creeping Darkness Casual Guild will be tackling the Cradle of Decay in the Field of the Dead zone in AoC.


This group instance was added during the patch 1.4 days, and allows 6 players in their upper 40's to tackle this easily. We will probably have 4 to 5 level 50's.

Hope it goes well. Should be quite interesting.

Of note for this instance is there are 3 major bosses, and each are scripted, to make the encounters more interesting. What I basically mean is there is a unique way to defeat each mob, and it is not a standard tank and spank (which is good, as we have no tanks yet....).

Can't wait to see how this goes. I will be back here to cry when we fail of course...just a side note.

_____________

Well, that is it for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great one, and I will make sure to get as much game time in as I can to skew my actual results from before...

Cheers

4 comments:

Talyn said...

Have you tried disabling all Xfire's overlays? That worked with a couple games that I'd run from Steam but had horrid performance issues with the Steam overlays enabled.

If all the "stuff" is off, it should work fine tracking your played time. The IM should still work but you'll have to Alt+Tab out like you would with any "normal" IM.

Jayedub said...

That's what I end up doing with most games with Xfire just to be safe.

But in the end if keeping track of play time doesn't matter to you, then it doesn't matter.

Elementalistly said...

I think I had turned this off, but maybe not on all systems...hmm
But, really, I just don't feel like having the extra software. I guess if I need to talk to someone, I will do it in game, on Twitter or on Facebook now..

Cheers

freepcg said...

Hello Openedge1,

Sorry but I couldn't find an email address.

I'm the webmaster of MMORPG Gate (http://www.mmorpgate.com/), a site focused on MMORPG and online games, from the same network responsible for www.freemmogamer, www.freebrowsergamer and www.freepcgamers.com

Would you be interested in a link exchange? I could place your link in our partners and friends page. If interested, please let me know.

Best regards,
Alex
www.mmorpgate.com
mmorpgate@gmail.com