Thursday, May 7, 2009

General bloggery

OUCH!!

Been down and out since Wednesday afternoon. I had more of my dental work done (been working on it for the last couple of months)

Drunk Drivers sucks is all I can say.

One smacked me good, and damaged my mouth about 4 years ago. At the time, I had basic work done, but overall nerve damage had taken place, along with a really cool pirate scar on my lower lip and chin..

Seems the damage was deeper than I thought when I started getting headaches, and what not. I did not think anything of it...except for high blood pressure which I was diagnosed with last year..

Well, never ignore your teeth. Seems some of my teeth had been smacked in so hard that I had some sitting on nerves causing my headaches. Needless to say, the work was mighty extensive, and required a bit o' cash as well..

I am on the last leg now, but this has been the most diffiicult, complete with some implant work, and good ole pain along with that. But, one more trip and it will be done...hooray.

Anyways, the good news is tomorrow is the scheduled arrival of my new Nvidia GTX260, which is being tested to see how it performs with the problem with Age of Conan and my 42" LCD 1080p TV.
So far, I have found the issue discussed before (where the mouse actually freaks out if you use an LCD TV...weird) will actually happen with different types of ATI cards (a 4870 and a 3870 both exhibit the same behavior)...yet my Nvidia based laptop did not.

Thus, a GTX 260 goes on the LCD TV, and my son can get the 4870 for some killer gaming on his setup.

Everyone is happy.

Anyways, I will post on my results as soon as they happen. Me? I am off to bed, as Vicoden seems to REALLY kick you in the butt..

Cheers and weird dreams!

No comments: