Thursday, June 4, 2009

Age of Conan - 78 Dings and Resourcing.

This morning I hit the awesome level 78 in Age of Conan. Not, only am I two levels away from max (mind you, the FIRST MMO EVAH that I will hit max in...besides Guild Wars, which had 20 levels of goodness), but 78 also lets me start purchasing my "Culture" armor.

Basically as described here before, the Culture sets are Class Specific (why not Race?...hmm), and I just purchased my first piece (at a whopping 15+ gold, normally 20). The Chest Piece, the Hyperborean Hauberk (which for some reason I cannot find on the YG database...odd) has some pretty good attributes. But, as well as that, it has 2 gem slots to fill with some good buff addons.
Still shopping those.







It looks awesome. Once the other pieces come into play, this should really be a treat.
Once my YG database listing gets updated, I will make sure to post that here as well.

Now, I am relegated to spending a LOT of time resource gathering, as I need cash pretty bad. I am at 8 gold after my purchase, and need at least 15 for the pants (and every indication is I will be wearing pants...pretty cool).

Talk about a drag.

Do not think for a second that the resource areas are not cool. They are awesome, with waving fields of grasses and grains, music to comfort and make you even feel emotional (Conan EMO!).
But, like EQ2, the gathering is slow, and you need to stay on top of the resources. They need to replenish.
Luckily, fights break things up once in a while as an angry prospector or mini - bosses will attack you (and you need to be careful as a level 80 raid boss roams the fields of Poitain where I gather. One hit death).
But, this stops me dead in my tracks in the leveling arena. So, now I must decide. Gather or Quest?

My thought is to break it up I guess. Gather one day, quest another. I just do not want to go through a whole level and not have at LEAST my pants for my DT.

Decisions
Decisions

Ok...better get back to the work world. Cheers mates

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The armour looks friggin awesome. Makes me want to go back to AoC, it really does :)

Anonymous said...

On another topic, how did you get feed added to Virgin Worlds? I want to get my blog on it but I never get any response when I submit a news article or email the guy.

Elementalistly said...

Start commenting over there. Make sure to link your blog. Also, try not to argue...too much, but do some good commenting.
I have been doing this for over a year now, and I kind of got notoriety doing a blog blowup...but that is a whole other story.
I basically kept myself in discussions, and they recognized me is all (guess they figured I had something to say, that and a few LARGE posts here with some major commentary)
You are on the right track though. Keep up posting on a regular basis on your blog, do some discussions on West Karana, Kill Ten Rats and other popular blogs, so everyone knows your not a dork wannabe (lol)
You will become one with the Blog-Borg Collective very soon.

Cheers mate

Anonymous said...

How strange, I posted that comment last night and then woke up this morning to email from Bren at Virgin Worlds saying he added my blog! Uncanny.

http://www.virginworlds.com/reader.php?full=308

Elementalistly said...

Grats mate...

Good luck, and keep the posts coming, they look great!