Friday, June 19, 2009

Age of Conan - I beat the game!!

Well, as much as you can beat an MMO.

I am truly satisfied with what I have accomplished.

I have been on 3 raids (and as well, multiple times ..ugh), and I have completed the final storyline adventure, the Destiny Quest line.
This was one of the reasons I enjoyed Age of Conan so much, as I had an underlying story to keep me motivated to reach the end. Guild Wars to this day still holds a high place on my list of games thanks to its longevity and storyline.

I will write up a post about this little part of the game soon. It was truly challenging. It took me about 45 minutes to complete this quest, and that was AFTER arriving at the location where I needed to be.

Sneaking through one of the most difficult dungeons was a sweat inducing endeavor, and then to find out the ending quest has a certain pattern (after dying 3 times to find out), I really needed to buckle down and get to it.

I will be posting a diary of this soon. I also have pics from two of my raids of Vistrix and Kylikki.

For now, just a gander at my new shield Conan gave me. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Doc said...

Very nice and Congrats again.

Marty Runyon said...

Congratulations on the achievement! I haven't read much about the destiny questline other than Tobold's general dissatisfaction about how it progressed post Tortage. So what do you think? Was it worth it in the end?

Elementalistly said...

@Anjin
I did enjoy it.
There were gaps between levels after level 20, which was the issue for Tobold.
I felt this allowed me to enjoy other content.
It was never meant to be a single player game...thus, why have something always taking me away from the MMO aspect?
Instead it enhanced it, and gave me a reason to go on.
Guild Wars did it the same way...quests were integrated,...but Missions were the only spot you got a real story...same with LOTRO...main story for major pieces.
Yet, here the difference was you could enjoy the story as a single player, and no forced groups
Now that I am doing raids, I just found out that each raid has a story from Conan and a reason to at least run it once, complete with full voice overs for Conan.
No, I think Funcom got this part right, and hopefully other games like Aion and SWTOR do the same.